Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rebecca Biggest Fear

When I read my sisters latest blog about critters in her house, I thought of Rebecca. Rebecca thinks we have mice in our house. Here's what she wrote in one of her latest stories/journals. You never can tell what is reality in her journal. Her posterity will probably believe a lot of creative stories she likes to incorporate among the facts.
"We have mice. In our house. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Sorry about that I just had to let it out. Let me say one thing. I HATE MICE!! They give me the heebie-jeebies. On Tuesday and Wednesday I started hearing squeaks. That freaked me out. Then yesterday I started hearing sounds like the pitter patter of feet. Very tiny feet. Yep. Mice. And I also saw something brown and furry scurrying past Mom’s exercise bike. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek! I was so scared I slept with Emily. "

We have had problems with the little varmints in the past. That's reality when you're the first person in the subdivision to build your house on an old farmers field. But we have always seen the evidence by their droppings. Fortunately after using all kinds of traps we haven't spotted evidence for a while, because they give me the creeps too.

3 comments:

  1. If you have mice...I have a cat you could have;) We never have mice when we have outside cats. Oh, and although I finally got rid of my kittens and don't NEED to get rid of any cats, I do have one I would give you if you wanted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh mice! I really don't like the mice either. We had some in our other house who had babies up in the ceiling. They were everywhere. One day I was fixing lunch and one ran past Danica who was a baby at the time. I grabbed her and went to Walmart to finish buying lunch to eat in the car. I called my husband and told him to come home and get the mouse. Let me know when he got it, then I would come home. :) Right after we got done with the mice problem, we got a bird in our wall. Seriously. Crazy house...I haven't seen any critters in this house we are at now thank heavens! Sorry for the long story. Good luck with the mice! Have a great day! By the way...your kids look so cute at their recital!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, those darn critters are awful! After catching the one in our pantry earlier this week, I am happy to report we haven't seen signs of any more. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete