I guess that's what I have according to Jacob. The other day while I was preparing dinner he commented that he was sure glad to be a boy because he wouldn't want to have the "terrible disease" that I have when I'm pregnant that makes me cry all the time.
He was referring to when I got choked up during Rebecca's choir concert when she sang the duet that she had auditioned for. I was so happy so see her challenge herself that hearing her beautiful voice brought me to tears. The tears flowed again when she sang a special musical number in Sacrament with a few of the other girls her age. Pregnancy mixed with music does that to me.
But I'm glad that Jacob is happy with his "manliness" although he's discovering that there are problems that come with being a boy too. Yesterday he came home with reports of feeling pretty uncomfortable that one of the girls in his class who sits by him keeps on scooting her chair closer to him and decided to share her feelings for him. She leaned over and whispered "I love you Jacob." Apparently she has a little crush on my kind, handsome, shy son who could careless about girls at this age. He reports that she has this laugh that she maybe she thinks is "cutesy" but it sounds more "evilish" to him.
Last night we went to the boys first wrestling matches of the season and they were both little fighters. Wrestling is such a tough sport! They both won their first match and lost their second match after putting up a good fight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How exciting that Becca sang a duet! We'll have to hear her sing sometime. How funny about Jacob and that little girl. :)
ReplyDelete