Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You Can Buy Happiness in a can!

Today I glanced through  the Scouting magazine Jared gets in the mail for free & before throwing it away I spotted an article Titled "10 Simple Steps to Happiness."  I just wanted to share this so that any of you are feeling less than happy today, you can take care of your problem quickly:)

Tip # 6 Eat Sardines!
So, according to this article if you go buy some sardines and down them, then you'll be happier... (less likely to be depressed or commit suicide thanks to all the DHA).

HaHa,somehow just the thought of having to down a can of sardines just doesn't make me feel very happy. 

I did appreciate some of the other more valid tips like
Practice Gratitude - I was certainly grateful to the kind lady at the grocery store that helped calm by 2 crying kids and commented on how cute they were while I was rushing to bag all the groceries after standing in line for way too long.
Stop Comparing Yourself to Successful People - I think I've come to grips with the fact that I'll never be a Mitt Romney, but I sure hope he is successful in becoming our next president :)

Count Your Blessings - I am so thankful for a supportive husband who is my best friend.  I love it when he teaches the family night lesson to our kids like last night and captivates them with his entertaining childhood experiences of being stuck in an elevator.
Go to bed by 10 pm  - Lately I stink at this one. Once the kids are all in bed its just to tempting to stay up late talking to Jared or reading a good book.
Help Others - I enjoyed the sweet experience helping with the lunch at a funeral for one of the sister's in our ward this weekend.  As her children spoke about her life, It was nice to reflect on the positive influence my parents have had on my life & recommit to being more involved in positive ways with my children before they grow up.

Join an organization or club - I don't think this one is going to contribute to my happiness right now. In fact I signed up for the PTO & paid dues at Rebecca's school, then got called as Relief Society Counselor & Jared is now on the high counsel.  When I read over the minutes to the meeting, I was grateful that I didn't bring my 2 little kids to it or add any more commitments to my plate.  At least they can use my $ for refreshments or something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment