Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

A String of Summer Fun

 So far this summer has been so enjoyable for me:)  I haven't taken much time to blog so I'm doing a string of posts all in one day. Part of my happiness is that my kids have been unusually cooperative about doing their chores & practicing piano everyday. I hope it lasts! Although I know my happiness shouldn't just hinge on their behavior or piano skills, it seriously makes my day when all 4 of my older kids practice piano & the house is pretty clean before noon.  Last year I tried a point chart from my friend Angela.  It worked okay for a few weeks, but maybe my kids have matured a lot or I've found more things that motivate them, but this year it is working so much better. 
Everyday they are expected to do their first 5 chores by noon & then the rewards start adding up. We lucked out and got a super deal for a fundraiser on a 3 month gym membership for $7 a month .  It has been fun to go on "outings" & teach Jacob & Daniel how to play racquetball.  I especially love playing Jared on our date night even though he totally beats me every time.  The kids are more motivated to work when they know they might get to go swimming in the pool.  They also each have great friends that live close by which is such a blessing.  I think one of my favorite parts is seeing them read spiritually uplifting things regularly & watching them be so helpful with Alyssa who still has 4 more weeks before she can walk again..

Prayer & Scripture (10)
Daily Job (10) (Rotate between bathrooms, family room, kitchen floor & playroom)
Practiced piano 15 min (10)
Read 30 minutes+ Learning Activity (10)
Bedroom Sparkling (10)
1st 5 finished by noon (25)
Read 15 minutes from Friend or New Era (15)
Extra Chore Weed/Laundry/Make Meal, etc. (25)
Care for Alyssa/Josh 1 hr (25)



Rewards:
First 5 + 15=Treat or $1 (to save up for Lagoon trip)
First 5 + 50=Gamecube 1 hr, Computer 1 hr or 1 Movie or Friends Over
First 5+100=Outing w/ Mom&Dad or Lateover





BYU Fans
The "Double Princess Twist" that Emily designed after looking at some cutegirlshairstyles blog videos   















No comments:

Post a Comment