Jacob was proud to wear his wrestling singlet to celebrate his 11th birthday.
 |
| I made him a BYU dry erase board which came in handy on our road trip. |
 |
| Luckily I found this basketball set for $1 at a garage sale just a few days before his birthday & he has loved slam dunking it in the kitchen. |
Since Alyssa's birthday was on the same day as the neighborhood barbecue & we were already stuffed with treats, we waited a few days to eat her cake, so I improvised and split the sheet cake in half for both of them to share rather then having 2 cakes hanging around the house to tempt me. Alyssa loved her princess plates with the "strawberry shortcake" & the BYU tablecloth was perfect for Jacob.
 |
| After cake and ice cream I took all of the kids and Jacob's friend to the local tumbling/tramp jumphouse. Jacob has always preferred smaller groups of friends. Ever since I planned the surprise party for him with a lot of boys in the neighborhood, he's opted not to have a "friend party" but just to do something special with one friend or with the family. I love that about him, because I don't enjoy throwing parties much! |
 |
| Now that Alyssa's 3 she thinks she deserves all of the privileges that "BIG" people get. Today she said, "Mom now that I'm big can I use the knife (to cut some carrots)? Big Girls can use sharp knives!" I quickly dashed her dream on that one. She has been eagerly anticipating turning 3. |
Several months ago she wouldn't wear some clothes I wanted her to put on. I convinced her by showing her the tag that said 2. Since she was 2, she conceded and then began to be a frequent "tag checker." This tactic backfired on me because she found a lot of her clothes that said 3 and didn't want to wear them. So I showed her the "A" in "wAsh in warm water..." and she was satisfied that the A was for Alyssa so it was okay for her to wear them. Fortunately pretty much all of the clothes she has say "wAsh...." somewhere on the tag:) She loves finding "A's" in the books I read to her too.
 |
| Not enough fingers for 11... hard to believe my boy will be a deacon next year! |
No comments:
Post a Comment