Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Becca's Sixteen

Sadly, Rebecca's sixteenth birthday fell on the first day of our move when our home was in upheaval.  When she came home from school the contents of our home were all packed up.  She celebrated her birthday early by spending the weekend hanging out with friends including a movie, mafia and maple cream pie.
We delayed our move until the last week of school mainly for Rebecca's sake.  She is super scholastically motivated and it was super important for her to stay for finals to keep her perfect grades up.  She doesn't often share her inner thoughts vocally, but I love getting a glimpse of her spiritual depth and maturity as I read a few pages in her scripture journal where she notes insights, goals and impressions.
I was impressed with her work ethic as she decided to make and sell cookie dough balls as a fundraiser for her National Food Innovations Competition in the midst of finals prep.  Thanks to our generous friends and neighbors, she sold about 80 dozen cookie dough balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment