Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Joshua's First Recital & Temple Trip

Joshua performed on his tone bells for his first music recital.  I enrolled him in Let's Play Music and have enjoyed going to classes with him and teaching him playfully, but he hasn't always shared that love.  He'd much rather just stay at home and do this all day then have to work hard at learning new songs on his xylophone.

 It took him a lot of work to memorize the song as he is the youngest kid in his class.  I love hearing him sing "Goodbye Old Paint" with his western drawl and seeing him make new discoveries like when he spotted some beetles  ("eighth notes") in the hymn book.
The other night after sitting on my lap and giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek he asked me "Mom, Am I your sweetest boy?"  He definitely is a sweet little boy to have around and with him going to kindergarten next year I want to make the most of these moments I have home with him.  After his kindergarten screening, he said "Can we stay here longer so I can do more school things?"  He's ready to move on to the next step!
This week he was so excited to inside the temple for the very first time.  As I sang "I Love to See the Temple" to him one night (the song he always requests) he said, "Mom, do you know why I like the temple song best?  Because I am so excited to go to temple someday when I am older."  So he was elated when I told him that he would get to go to the Idaho Falls Open House in just a few days.  I was sad to have to stay behind because Alyssa had strep throat, but one of our friends captured this picture of him reaching toward the Christus statue in the visitor's center.
Image may contain: 4 people, people standing

No comments:

Post a Comment