Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Hoggle Box




Rebecca likes to collect things. Fortunately she doesn't spend any money doing it. Her latest collection began when she came home with an empty kleenex box in her school backpack. When I asked her about it she explained that she is collecting them and asked her teacher if she'd give her all the empty kleenex boxes from her classroom. She started bringing home one about every week. Soon I found a green empty kleenex box on top of the piano with a label which read "The Hoggle Box. Above it were specific instructions on how to use this new "collector's item." Rebecca explained that whenever you catch someone doing something nice for someone else, you write their name on a slip of paper and put it in the box. At the end of each week we draw one name out of the box and they get all of the candy that is in the box. Everyone contributes candy to the box. We've had a lot of fun doing the Hoggle Box and I love the kindness it encouraged between our children. I can't upload new pictures from my camera - but here are a few old ones. I love the one with Rebecca and Dan playing "Senor" and "Lady Fair." Rebecca is quite the actress!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet; Becca is such a smart little girl. That's funny about the Hoggle box. I actually had a Hoggle Box when I worked at daycare (I got the idea from Kami Barben) and I remember showing it to Rebbecca probably almost a year ago. I was impressed that at the time she actually filled out papers with something nice about everyone that day.

    ReplyDelete