
Daniel kept sending me away from his room while he prepared "my birthday present." After searching for the perfect gift back from my stash he proudly presented me with his gift to me. He was so excited. I thought maybe he had drawn me a picture of a fire - that seems to be his gift of choice these days when he wants to show you that he loves you. I was surprised to find in the bag an old stinky pair of his shoes. He quickly gave me an explanation. These are for when you have another baby boy mom. They don't fit me anymore so you can use them for your next baby! His voice was so sincere and genuine I had to suppress my laughter. Later he presented me with another gift - A Cadoo game that Kara gave our family for Christmas a couple of years ago. He also insisted he wanted to make me a birthday cake so Jared helped him out with that.
I think that he and Justin are cut out of the same mold. He's always wrapping up cars, misc dishes, and books in dish towels and giving them to me as "gifts". But it's the thought that counts, right?
ReplyDelete