Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Polite as a Princess Party

Yesterday I hosted Activity Days at my house. It was so much fun. The girls dressed in princess attire and then we had a contest to see who could list the most manners. Rebecca won and all the leaders chuckled when she read this gem - "Ask not what your mother can do for you but ask what you can do for your mother." Then we played the clothespin game. Each girl got several clothespins and were asked to be the "manners police." If they caught someone else forgetting their manners they could politely petition a leader by saying "May I please take Andrea's clothespin because she forgot to say thank you?" Whoever ended up with the most clothespins at the end was the winner. Everyone had perfect manners as we ate on my neighbor's fine china. I thought maybe we should start playing the clothespin game around our house more often:0)
About the china...I mentioned to Rebecca we'd be eating on china. She said, "Mom how can you eat on China, its a country!" I am the epitome of practicality, so don't possess any china. In fact I had purchased some plastic plates for the party for easy cleanup but when my friend got wind of that she offered to bring her china and set the table properly. She described to us what a perfect hostess does and I decided, I'd rather be the perfect guest. Being a hostess and worrying about all the etiquette rules is just too stressful for me!

Good Things
-I love having my favorite calling ever as activity days leader!
-I'm happy to have a helpful daughter like Rebecca as my 1st
-Now I still have extra plastic plates to take treats to the neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment