Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I've been converted!

After enjoying the blogs for Kara, Melinda, Angela and Tamara for over more than a year, I've finally decided to start one for our family. I love reading the happy fun and humorous moments of life and it reminds me of the many blessings that I see around me everyday with my own children.

An elderly man in our ward once said, "The good old days are when you have all your little children at home with you." So I'm going to start recording my memories today so I'll someday be able to look back and laugh about the good old days, even if I can't always laugh about them now."

What happens when you mix a little water with some colored paper?

This morning I woke up to a little surprise on my kitchen floor and found out the answer to this question. Apparently the kids were doing some artprojects while we were gone on a date last night and they left a bright purple colored piece of paper on the kitchen floor. Somehow it was dampened in a puddle of water. When I lifted it to discard it this morning, I found a nice rectangular purple image on my tan floor. I tried fingernail polish remover and the magic eraser but it looks like we're going to have to invest in a kitchen rug to cover the spot. Any ideas?

Good Things
- At least we have indoor plumbing to bring the water right to into my kitchen!
-I'd rather have my kids doing art projects than watching TV!
-The spot is close to the sink so it would be a natural place to put a cover up rug-right? :o)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi, welcome to the blogging world!! It is kind of addicting, but oh so fun!

    What kind of floor do you have? Magic Eraser works wonders at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you started a blog! I have found it to be a great way to stay close to people I love who are far away--without talking on the phone, since really I don't do that very well. And like you said, writing down the everyday events in life makes me appreciate and enjoy the little things so much more. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't belive you went all the way back to my Mom's oldest post! Any ways Heidi I have some GREAT ideas about how to get that stain off the floor. Step #1 Wait for about 2 years and then it will be pretty muck gone. Oh well guess you'll just have to wait until then! Ha Ha! Step #2 Use Magic eraser. It workslike a charm,. Bye!
    P.S.
    This is Rebecca speaking/writing/typing/talking

    ReplyDelete