I love teaching piano - especially to my children. Lately Daniel has been requesting piano lessons each night. I let him stay up a little late and "practice" with me. He might even play Hot Cross Buns at my recital next week! I never knew how much joy a child could derive from clapping rhythms. I showed him how to clap quarter notes and quarter rests and then played a game having him guess which rhythm card (from www.laytonmusic.com) I clapped and then I would guess which one he clapped. You would think I just gave him a candy bar! When we were done he said, "Mom, that was a fun game- Can we do it again tommorrow?" He's only four and he has the cutest little chubby hands. In this picture he's helping Jacob practice by pointing to the notes for him. I've even started "teaching" Emily by hiding a bunch of cards with pictures of notes and having her go on a quarter note hunt or a half note hunt. Thursday, March 26, 2009
Late Night Piano Lessons
I love teaching piano - especially to my children. Lately Daniel has been requesting piano lessons each night. I let him stay up a little late and "practice" with me. He might even play Hot Cross Buns at my recital next week! I never knew how much joy a child could derive from clapping rhythms. I showed him how to clap quarter notes and quarter rests and then played a game having him guess which rhythm card (from www.laytonmusic.com) I clapped and then I would guess which one he clapped. You would think I just gave him a candy bar! When we were done he said, "Mom, that was a fun game- Can we do it again tommorrow?" He's only four and he has the cutest little chubby hands. In this picture he's helping Jacob practice by pointing to the notes for him. I've even started "teaching" Emily by hiding a bunch of cards with pictures of notes and having her go on a quarter note hunt or a half note hunt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment