Today was such a good day. It was so refreshing compared to my bad day yesterday. First we went to the Primary Get-to-Know Your Teacher Breakfast. Emily's teachers didn't show so we did some fun games with her class. It was just fun to sit in a circle and watch the delight of the "Sunbeams" when we played Duck-Duck-Goose and Spin the Cup. I should take time to have fun more often.
Then I came home to teach a piano lessons - I so love it! After my students left, Emily wanted me to do a lesson with her so she learned to play a song with F-G-A-B on the white keys. Jacob was next in line. Ever since he discovered the Happy Note Game and Staff Wars games where he can shoot bullets at the notes and name then as they slide across the screen, he's been really interested in piano. I love to see his persistence. Then we played Piano Candyland together. Emily was quite distraught when she got bumped back to the Bass Clef Candy Cane when she'd been ahead the whole time. Jacob can be so sensitive in a good way sometimes. He had a definite lead but when he noticed how bad she felt, he actually "cheated" by making himself go backwards on a few of his turns instead of forward so that Emily could catch up. Maybe I shouldn't be celebrating when my son cheats, but I was just amazed at his maturity of being more concerned with his sister's feelings than about himself winning. He's usually quite competitive. I actually got a lot of housework done in between all the fun because the boys were really content playing outside and watching Jared help out our friend who we hired to finish a room in our basement. Jared, Dan, Emily & I had fun playing UNO this evening. It brought back memories of playing games with my brother Matt when I was a kid. I have always liked playing games way more than watching TV or movies. In fact, I guess it was on our 2nd date when Jared saw my competitive side come out when we were playing Risk that Jared decided he was interested in asking me out again. So, my kitchen floor is still dirty and we have some company coming tomorrow, but I'm happy anyway:)
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thanks for your comment on my blog. You're such a good example. I love this post, because it reminds me that there are so many simple things in life for Mom's to find enjoyable. And you'll have to tell me where to get these cool piano games!! My kids love games and want to play the piano (it's mostly my lazy impatience that is keeping them from it).... do share! And thanks!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you had a good day. There's nothing quite like playing games as a family. We have been playing Rage almost every day for the past two weeks. It's so much fun to just relax with the family!
ReplyDeleteIt's nice that you had a good day, I hear that you have been really sick, and I do understand, i hope that you start feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you had a great day! Happy days are the best aren't they! I like playing games with my family too...great way to spend time together!
ReplyDelete