In April we took a trip down to Utah for Jared's work Conference. While my parents watched the kids for the first day I spent an entire day alone in the hotel room while Jared was in his trainings and it was like a bit of heaven. I scrapbooked, listened to music, wrote in my journal, analyzed some piano music, exercised, read a good book and enjoyed not feeling guilty for not cleaning house- because I couldn't. But by the end of the day I was ready for some company and realized that although I enjoyed being an "empty nester" for a day... I sure will miss my kids when I'm truly an empty nester. Jared & I enjoyed a nice peaceful evening together. In the morning I headed off to my parents during a snowstorm. After encountering a couple of accidents and nearly getting in one myself... I started to wonder if all the peace was worth the intense anxiety I experienced on my drive back. I'm so grateful for Jared who does the bulk of the driving - because I really dislike it!
Monday, May 24, 2010
April Happenings - Bean Museum Trip with Family & Cousin Party
Unfortunately I am not tech savvy enough to figure out why my card reader only works randomly...hence the posts about April happenings in May.
In April we took a trip down to Utah for Jared's work Conference. While my parents watched the kids for the first day I spent an entire day alone in the hotel room while Jared was in his trainings and it was like a bit of heaven. I scrapbooked, listened to music, wrote in my journal, analyzed some piano music, exercised, read a good book and enjoyed not feeling guilty for not cleaning house- because I couldn't. But by the end of the day I was ready for some company and realized that although I enjoyed being an "empty nester" for a day... I sure will miss my kids when I'm truly an empty nester. Jared & I enjoyed a nice peaceful evening together. In the morning I headed off to my parents during a snowstorm. After encountering a couple of accidents and nearly getting in one myself... I started to wonder if all the peace was worth the intense anxiety I experienced on my drive back. I'm so grateful for Jared who does the bulk of the driving - because I really dislike it!
While Jared sat in training meetings all day the kids and I and both sets of grandparents headed off to the Bean Life Science Museum the next day to enjoy the exhibits there.


Daniel's favorite part was playing with the toys in the kids room.

Then we headed to my sister Kara's house to celebrate Justin's birthday with some ice cream and Reeses Peanut Butter Cake-mmmmmmmm!

Kara's hoping to adopt a little girl... but until then she had my girls pose a bit modeling hair bows for her etsy store.

I love visiting family. I just wish we lived closer.
In April we took a trip down to Utah for Jared's work Conference. While my parents watched the kids for the first day I spent an entire day alone in the hotel room while Jared was in his trainings and it was like a bit of heaven. I scrapbooked, listened to music, wrote in my journal, analyzed some piano music, exercised, read a good book and enjoyed not feeling guilty for not cleaning house- because I couldn't. But by the end of the day I was ready for some company and realized that although I enjoyed being an "empty nester" for a day... I sure will miss my kids when I'm truly an empty nester. Jared & I enjoyed a nice peaceful evening together. In the morning I headed off to my parents during a snowstorm. After encountering a couple of accidents and nearly getting in one myself... I started to wonder if all the peace was worth the intense anxiety I experienced on my drive back. I'm so grateful for Jared who does the bulk of the driving - because I really dislike it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like a fun trip to the museum! I too wish I lived closer to family. It would be fun to just drive a couple of minutes to do something fun. I also love the tables you spray painted. They turned out great!
ReplyDelete