Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Rebecca!

Rebecca turned 10 today! It's hard for me to think that half of her life at home with me is already over:


I enjoyed making a texas fudge cake decorating the pinata and making decorations for her party with her yesterday. She had a fun pizza party with her friends. I don't remember being quite that energetic when I was 10. It was fun to watch their excitement while playing spoons, the m&m game, sardines and breaking the pinata (Jacob was the lucky one to break it open).
It was snowing outside so Jared had to stand on a chair in the basement and hold the pinata on a stick for the kids to hit.

I didn't realize we were out of candles for the cake- so she blew out one of my scented candles instead.


10 Things I love about Rebecca:
1. She is a great storyteller. It touches my heart when I discover her reading stories to all of her siblings on the couch.
2. She likes to cook. I'd love to train her a little more so I could turn this job over to her every day:) So far she knows how to make macaroni, rice-a-roni, muffins, cinnamon toast, swedish pancakes, cookies, cooked cereal and smoothies.

3. She has a keen mind and great knowledge of the scriptures. Yesterday I overheard her telling the story of Elijah to Emily. She knows more of the details in the story than I do and recites it in such a captivating way. She'll make a great primary worker someday!
4. She sets high goals for herself in spiritual, scholastic and social matters. I love to read the lists of goals she has posted in her room and in her journal. She's always trying to be a little better.
5. She is frugal and is already saving money for college.... and an epidural... and a house.
6. She doesn't get caught up in the praise of the world. She'd rather avoid contests.
7. She is very kind to younger kids in the neighborhood - in fact they're always knocking on our door to see if she can play.
8. Punctuality is important to her. She's usually the first one up in the house in the morning (except for Jared who gets up at 5:45 a.m. to play B-ball.
9. She is content with what she has. In fact it is always hard for me to decide what to give her for gifts because she rarely asks for anything.
10. She's beautiful, but not vain. She likes to have her hair fixed and her clothes clean but doesn't worry overly about her appearance.

2 comments:

  1. She is such a great girl! It's fun to see her growing up to be such a little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like she had a fun birthday. They grow up fast don't they. Hope things are going well for you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete