Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Just What I Needed

This has been a great month overall, mostly nausea-free, but a few nights ago I felt another wave of nausea return and the depression that seems to come with it. After trying to fill my day with good things like exercise, teaching my children scripture stories, reading piano blogs, I was still feeling pretty icky. But then I read this inspiring I found in a book from the local library entitled "May Christ Lift Thee Up" by Virginia Pearce from the 1998 BYU Women's Conference. So many of the things I read spoke right to my heart and helped lift me out of the swirl of negative thoughts I was having. Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
The simple scripture "Lift up your heart and be of good cheer" (3 Nephi 1: 13)
The definition of humility " ... to joyfully, voluntarily and quietly submit one's whole life to the Lord's will."
A quote from Marjorie Hinckley, "We each do the best we can. My best may not be as good as your best, but it's my best... when we do our level best, we experience peace."
A quote from Brigham Young, "Strive to live the whole day to God and nobody else." (basically don't worry so much about pleasing other people or worrying about what they may think).
By doing this we "...will do our daily temporal tasks and duties differently- as offerings, not repetitive or meaningless drudgery."

Check out this video that Jared just showed me on youtube about Stephanie Nielson - survivor of a near fatal plane crash. Watching this just helps me count my blessings and helps me see life with greater perspective. I love her optimism and faith!

1 comment:

  1. Great inspirational post! I love that clip about Stephanie Nielsen. Makes me appreciate what I have.

    ReplyDelete