Can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

My mom had a cross stitch with this saying on the wall in our home and it means a lot more to mean now that I have my own family than it did back then. It has been sad at times for me to realize that this is probably the last little angel to come to our family (until the grandkids start coming) and I want to treasure the moments I have with my little ones before they are all gone.

This picture reminds me of a photo of me as a baby - maybe because the angle accentuates Alyssa's double chin and chubby cheeks.

I love watching babies discover the world around them for the first time. The intense look in her eyes reminds me of my brother Jon when he was little.


What color will her eyes be? So far Daniel is our only blue eyed child. I think Alyssa might take after him instead of her hazel eyed sisters.

I love Alyssa's long slender fingers...hopefully they'll be "piano hands" someday!
Heidi, she is so beautiful! I need to come see her and you before she is too big!
ReplyDeletethat is one of my favorite poems, I want to get it put in a frame and have ababy picture from each of my children with it.
ReplyDeleteHeidi what a beautiful little girl! I didn't realize you had your baby. I haven't been on for a while. Congratulations, and I hope things are going well for you! Enjoy your baby, and I love that poem.
ReplyDelete