His friends had fun disguising their voices to wish him a happy birthday and hand them their gifts. Jacob had to guess who the giver was before he could open it.
10 Things I Love About Jacob
1. He is so sweet and kind to his new baby sister - I like to over hear him talking to her so sweetly and holding her so gently. He'll make a great dad someday.
2. He is affectionate. I can still count on him for a nice "tight hug" at bedtime.
3. He is a great listener - especially when he is learning new skills in sports. It has been fun to watch him progress in wrestling and football this year because he pays close attention to what his coaches (and dad) tell him to do and tries to execute it with exactness.
4. He is grateful. Jacob is usually the first to thank me for the little things in life - like a good meal, a new shirt, helping him with homework, etc. He is usually fairly gracious and specific in his prayers as well.
5. He likes to look nice. He's particular about keeping his hair combed and matching his clothes. I especially love how he likes to get all dressed up in his suit on Sundays.
6. He works hard to improve himself. It has been fun to watch his determination to read this year and to improve his athletic abilities by constantly practicing.
8. He is very perceptive and sensitive to the feelings of others.
9. He is has a great mind and is good at figuring things out that I can't do- like fixing broken bike chains.
10. He has a delightful smile and is generally a happy optimistic kid to have around.
He looks like such a happy, good kid! Happy Birthday Jacob!
ReplyDeleteCrystal