What lasts?
Ice cream melts,
Flowers wilt,
The leaves of autumn fall
Sunsets fade
Seasons change
And children don't stay small,
Balloons pop,
Snowfalls stop-
Do summers last? Never!
Weekends fly, Today will die,
But FAMILIES ARE FOREVER
Ice cream melts,
Flowers wilt,
The leaves of autumn fall
Sunsets fade
Seasons change
And children don't stay small,
Balloons pop,
Snowfalls stop-
Do summers last? Never!
Weekends fly, Today will die,
But FAMILIES ARE FOREVER
I am so happy it has finally warmed up for at least a few days. As I watched the kids giving each other rides out back in the wheelbarrow one morning I decided to wait awhile before calling them in to do their chores. It brought back nostalgic memories for me of the the fun creative things (aka junk) my dad brought home to make our yard a fun place growing up. I'm not sure where he rounded up a couple of old giant tree stumps to "decorate" the berry patch with, but I have fond memories of climbing on top of them and building mud pot creations with my little sister Melinda. Another favorite "toy" was some various sized wheel things that used to have telephone cables wrapped around them (I think). We used them as wheelchairs, tables, chairs, clubhouses, bases for a teeter totter, hiding places, etc. Sometimes free toys make the best fun!
The older kids also had a great time "camping out" on the tramp one weekend. Meanwhile, we discovered that having Emily "camp out" with us in our room is not so great. After she woke up for the 3rd time talking in her sleep - Jared carried her to her own private "campsite" so we could get some rest.
Looks like you're having a great summer. I love the quote at the beginning. So true! I remember sleeping out on the tramp when I was a kid. Summer time is fun for sure!
ReplyDelete