Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

From BAAAAA to AAAAAA!

Yesterday Rebecca achieved a goal that she has been striving for for 5 years.
She got Straight A's on her report card! Math (the first subject listed) has been a thorn in her side for so long. I love how she is so self-motivated goal oriented and determined to do her best in school. Ironically, I went through the same sort of journey as a child and it wasn't until 5th grade that I was able to get straight A' s all year- Only my "thorns" were things like Art, P.E. & Social Studies. I'm just lucky that Art wasn't required in high school when the grades really count for scholarships! This gives me flashbacks from my youth.
I still remember vividly the multiple choice Current Events Test I failed in 4th grade. It asked who the governor of Colorado was. I thought that I would have definitely recognized the name of a person in such an important role.... must be Dan Reeves. I still don't know who the governer was - but Dan Reeves was the Denver Broncos head coach:) I remember being so grateful that the kind boy sitting next to me didn't proclaim my mistake to anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. oh boy.....reminds me of my little faux pas in 3rd grade (I think). The teacher told us to try and remember overnight who the first person that invented the car was.....I just knew I had the right answer. The next day when she asked I raised my hand first and said "Barry Manilow". Jared Mangum laughed really hard and said..."he's a singer!!" I felt really dumb! Good job Rebecca! Corina reminds me of you. She's had straight A's since 5th grade (her first year in school) and she is determined never to get anything lower throughout high school. It's pretty easy for her for now - we'll see how AP classes go next year! She got 89% on a tests and cried and cried until she found out she could make it up. She ended up with 98% instead! Silly girl! Definitely didn't get that from me!

    ReplyDelete