Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wild and Sweet Alyssa


Daniel and Emily were pretty mild toddlers... they liked to play with toys in their rooms and were content for long periods of time. Alyssa.... not so much! I think she's trying to arrive at the Terrible Two's early. She loves electronic gadgets, tv buttons, phones, electrical cords, computer on and off switches, computer keyboards, dvd players and most anything that she shouldn't have. The pantry, the fridge and the garbage and the toilet are some of her favorite play places. The other day she climbed up into the (messy) pantry and created her own "sandbox" by dumping this can of powdered cool whip and spreading it all around. Her favorite thing to retrieve from the garbage is corn cobs. She loves to chew on them hoping to clean off any last kernel that someone else might have missed. This week Jared and I were in the kitchen with her. I took my eyes off of her for a second when I turned around she was on top of the kitchen table.


Fortunately she has a few favorite spots that are relatively safe. She has claimed this bench in my room as her own. If there is anything on it, she shoves it off so she can sit in her favorite spot.
She also loves standing on it so she can peer out the window.

She is also pretty attached to her babies and her favorite blankie.
What a sad face! Last month Alyssa broke out in this crazy rash all over her face, legs and arms after throwing up a few days before. The Dr. said it was just a virus, but it took about 2 weeks to clear completely. Fortunately she looked a lot worse than she felt most of the time. The science lover in me wishes that I had a picture of me as a baby when I was hospitalized with scalded staph syndrome as an infant, so I took this picture of her leg just in case she's curious like me some day.


Alyssa is seriously attached to Rebecca. She gets pretty upset when Rebecca heads to school and tries to chase after her if the door is left ajar. She's lucky to have such a nice big sister to babysit her.



All of my kids are blessed with a lot of hair. The kids had fun creating new styles with Alyssa's hair one day.




1 comment: