Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Fun Flashbacks - Barrel Racing

This summer when we visited my parents the kids had a great time playing in the backyard with the "cool toys" my dad hooked us up with when we were kids. When I was in middle school I was barrel-racing on these barrels with my brother Matt. I was in the lead... but when he came up from behind to pass me, the edge of his barrel hit mine, I fell off backwards and broke my arm and had a great excuse to miss gym class for 6 weeks while I did homework in the locker room instead. Its weird to think that my kids are old enough to try the same stunts.
Despite my little accident... I've always been grateful for m dad's eye for creative toys. Even though we never went on fancy vacations or could afford to get the latest electronic toys, we had so much fun playing on barrels, old cable spools and giant tree stumps in my idealistic childhood. Now he's making it fun f0r my kids. He made this cool swing and attached it to some of the trees in the back. Too bad we don't live closer:(

No comments:

Post a Comment