I can totally relate to this video. I especially love the quote and depictions at the end. "You may never know how much good you accomplish."
I am a checklist person and a goal setter, but being a mother has rattled some of my abilities to complete my to do's, and at the end of a tiring day I can wonder what did I even accomplish? When I'm tired my mind reverts to what I didn't do instead of what I may have accomplished. So last night when my mind was swirling with these thoughts...
I didn't finish the dishes.
I didn't do the laundry.
I didn't call Wendi.
I didn't plan a meal for Sunday.
I wasn't disciplined in my healthy eating.
I wasn't patient with my older kids at the end of the day.
I didn't give good night hugs.
I totally needed the reminder from this video. It changed my perspective of my day as I reflected on what I did do.
I made muffins to bring to the 5K event to celebrate the life of my dear friend who passed away last year.
I walked and talked with a sister in my ward.
I attended my son's football game and had meaningful conversations with some of the other football moms.
I made healthy (and not so healthy snacks) and celebrated another BYU victory with all of my family.
I helped a couple of my children with piano practice.
I went on a date with Jared.
I offered to help a friend learn a skill.
I sang "I am a Child of God" with Joshua before putting him to bed.
I read scriptures and said prayers with the family.
I followed the link to President Hinckley's talk and read these quotes.
"You are doing the best you
can, and that best results in good to yourself and to others. Do not nag
yourself with a sense of failure. Get on your knees and ask for the
blessings of the Lord; then stand on your feet and do what you are asked
to do. Then leave the matter in the hands of the Lord. You will
discover that you have accomplished something beyond price.You may never know how much good you accomplish. Someone’s life will be blessed by your effort."
Even though he passed away several years ago, his example of optimism is still blessing my life :)
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment