Sunday, May 27, 2018
Cinco de Mayo 2018
Sometimes I allow my perfectionism to stop me from doing good things. Early on in the week, I thought it would be fun to invite a bunch of neighbors over and have a Cinco de Mayo celebration with food and pinatas... but the week got busy and the housework fell behind. Honestly, that is how almost every week feels. The grand plans and invitations didn't happen and after spending the morning helping with the UVMTA festival luncheon I almost bagged the plans thinking of a nice evening nap with rest and relaxation. But I overcame the thoughts in my mind that "the house isn't clean enough," "I don't have enough energy" etc. and just went ahead and sent out an impromptu text to have a little pinata party with the neighbors without the meal. I wrapped some bags of candy up in tissue paper and we had an evening of fun chatting on the back porch while the kids played bocce and rode the 4 wheeler. We finished up by bursting the pinatas and I was glad I swallowed my pride so I could build more memories. In the process I got the rest and relaxation I desired without the stress of a picture-perfect party.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment