May has been so full of activities I'm actually glad I chose to forego a piano recital since my students already performed at the composition festival. I planned a May Mashup piano group lesson where we ended with a Major Minor pinata game.
Emily had her last orchestra concert at the middle school. It has been sad for me to not see her touch the piano keys much lately, but I do love the rich sound of her practicing cello and she has an excellent ear to play in tune.
Alyssa invited me to muffins with mom. I thought it would be Syringa style with huge lines of kids waiting to get their half muffin and milk to eat with their mom in the cafeteria, so I brought Josh along. I was surprised to find out that the event was just for her classroom. We started out by decorating a cute picture frame together, eating muffins and other treats and then she brought me the mother's day flowers and cards she had made and the kids sang Mother's Day songs that made the tears flow for me... which doesn't take much for me these days.
Later I went to see her school play "Go Fish" where she starred as the angelfish. At school, Alyssa is quite reserved and she was excited to get to dress up in her white sparkly costume and be the heroine peacemaker fish in the play that allows the left out shark to play with the other fish.
We celebrated with a mom date at Karianne's with some blue raspberry frosty.
Our trampoline blew away in a wind storm last year and the kids voted that a new trampoline would be much better than an extra vacation, so we got a new one and I think they've played on it every day since then.
Emily's class wrote their own school play in which she played the part of the twin spoiled sister of a rich king. She is definitely a lot more outgoing than I was at her age!
I forgot to snap a picture at Donuts with Dad for Alyssa. Because it was the 2nd day for Jared at his new job, I went in his place and felt a bit awkward being the only lady there other than the teacher among all of the father's, but we had a fun time playing games and competing in a paper airplane contest. I love the environment in my the school's here and my kids have truly been blessed with awesome teachers!























No comments:
Post a Comment