Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Joshua Kindergarten Graduation

The morning of kindergarten graduation, Joshua was pretty determined that he wanted to wear his faded jeans with his favorite gray hoodie that he got from a garage sale recently.  But since he had worn it the day before and it had food spills and smells, I used my persuasive powers to convince him otherwise.  I wasn't sure if he would come home angry that he was the only boy dressed up in a suit or if he would be grateful to be looking so snazzy.  One of the first things he said to me after his graduation program was.  "Mom, I'm so glad you had me wear this!"  His teacher had complimented him in front of the class on looking so nice and it really made an impression on him.  When he first got on stage I noticed he had his thumbs tucked in his pocket.  Earlier that morning he had asked for a little validation from Jared asking "Don't I look cool like this?" as he posed with hands in pockets.
 Since Jared had started his new job this week at the college this week and had some mandatory training, he wasn't able to attend so I took videos of a lot of the graduation for him to see.  It was so fun to see him singing with such enthusiasm, definitely much more than I've ever seen in a primary program as singing isn't his favorite thing!











We went on a little "Mom-Date" to Wendy's to celebrate afterward.






I have mixed feelings about entering this new stage of life in the fall where all of my children will be gone at school all day. Being an introvert at heart, I know that I am going to enjoy 6 hours of peace and serenity to myself each day next fall when I can attend the temple, do family history, clean house, take college classes.  But there is also an ache in my heart when I get rid of the preschool materials, toys and little kid things I know that I no longer need because my children are moving on and growing up.  It has been such a pleasure to spend a lot of one of one time with Joshua before the other kids got home and I wish I could have had a phase like that with each child to form such a close bond.  I especially loved reading books together nestled in my cozy bed on a cold winter's day, practicing piano and attending Let's Play Music, and having him join me with enthusiasm to clean up the kitchen microwave, floor, and cabinets.  He has such a happy temperament and I love his affectionate hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment