Thursday, September 10, 2009
Family Article by Elder Nelson
I read this talk a few days ago the Elder Russell M. Nelson gave at the World Conference on families . I love how Elder Nelson shared his personal family experiences with trials. It reminded me of the cherished good times I have with my family as well as the trials and the challenges that life throws to everyone - even an apostle. I am so thankful for my family even though I never realized what a refining experience parenthood is. I used to think I was a patient person, but being a mom has shown me another side of myself to help me remember that I still have plenty to learn. One of my favorite parts of his message is when he shares about his experience of seeing his first wife pass away while by his side from a heart problem. Even though he is an expert heart surgeon, he couldn't save her life. This was just a reminder to me that even with our very best efforts we can't control all of the things in our life that happen to us, but we can control how we react and what we learn from them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Heidi, that talk was amazing! Thanks for sharing the link.
ReplyDeleteI loved that talk. What a great message. It makes you really think about how much we really control our lives. Parenthood too has taught me a lot about myself that I might need to refine a little better.
ReplyDelete