Thursday, September 24, 2009
Rebecca Races to the Finish
Rebecca had to run the mile at school today. She was a little nervous and went running with Jared earlier this week to practice. Today she came home with some bad news - she threw up after finishing the race. So did another boy in her class. She was feeling better by the time she got home. I asked her if she was the last to finish. She said she didn't know. I assumed she would take after me and not be the greatest at running, since she prefers to stay indoors and read books or write stories most of the time. Jared, (the therapist) came home and asked her about the run. Apparently he is better at getting information out of people then I am. Maybe that's because that's what he has to do at work all day. Actually Rebecca finished 4th in her class - ( the 2nd girl). I was so proud of her for pushing herself so hard. She is so determined. She must have gotten her athletic abilities from her dad. I remember trying to pass the Cooper's Test (running in high school in a certain time limit). I walked and had my social hour most days with my friend Lyndall. Then when I had to pass the test so I wouldn't jeopardize my 4.0 GPA I ran my heart out, and I barely made the cutoff for the A. I felt like I ran my guts out because I came close to throwing up too! Its nice to see my kids surpass me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go Rebecca!
ReplyDeleteSay Rebecca!
ReplyDelete(I knew there was a reason I don't like running.)
That's great!
ReplyDeleteRebecca is REALLY REALLY AWESOME! Even if she did throw up. And if your looking at this give Rebecca some candy. By the way I'm Rebecca no matter what the computer says. And I'm really really awesome. And I read the encyclopedia and dictionary.And if you see me please give me some candy (I know I already said this but it's really important so I said it twice) I'm Rebecca
ReplyDelete