Yesterday we celebrated Dan's birthday. This year we decided to take each child on a date out to eat on their own instead of having friend parties. I love Dan's gratitude for the little things. He was so excited to get his very own root beer w/ refills. He loved holding both of our hands and "swinging" as we walked in the parking lot. I don't think we'll be able to do that much longer. He is such a solid kid. When mentioning his favorite gifts, he even listed "mom cleaned my room" as one of them. He has been busy all morning with his little truck & trailer he hasn't even asked to play with friends yet. He decided he wanted a baseball cake since he's starting tee ball next week. So I made 2 rounds with some pudding frosting and a few red fruit snacks for the "stitches." I love simple cakes that taste good!
His birthday excitement extended an extra day when we went on an early morning walk in our PJS to the mailbox to get his gift from Grandpa & Grandma. He loved the car card with a drawing of him inside. Then our home teacher stopped by to give him a box of ice cream sandwiches. He said that giving him a hug when he said thanks would be "too embarrassing" so he just gave him a handshake. He's growing up too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment