Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Captain Moroni Comes to Primary

Emily helped me make rice krispy treats for the primary activity we had this morning. Don't you wish you could look this good in the morning without even fixing your hair?
Our activity was about teaching the children to strengthen their family. We sang the I" am a Builder Song" and then divided up into groups for different activities. I was in charge of helping the kids make our own "title of liberty" with pictures of things they could do to strengthen their family. So I recruited Jared to be Captain Moroni and tell his story. Then I read this quote by Elder Ballard about the Family Proclamation
“Today I call on members of this Church and on committed parents, grandparents, and extended family members everywhere to hold fast to this great proclamation,” Elder Ballard said, “to make it a banner not unlike General Moroni’s ‘title of liberty,’ and to commit ourselves to live by its precepts” (News of the Church,” Ensign, Nov 2005, 126–28)

Then the kids drew pictures of them doing things to strengthen their families. I gave them ideas from one of my favorite parts of the proclamation...
"Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."

It was cute to hear a lot of the boys saying - is that real? can I touch your sword? etc. I ended up taking pictures of a lot of them w/ "Captain Moroni" and I think that was their favorite part.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun activity! I bet the kids had a great time. Jared makes a great captain Moroni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great activity. It looks like a lot of hard work went into this. I bet the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete