I love this version of rice krispie treats that I got from a recipe swap a few years ago! For Christmas we substitute the rice krispies with Barrel of Fun Corn Pops which are usually only carried in our local stores during the holidays. It tastes like caramel corn, but without all of the kernels and hulls.
Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
1 c butter
2 c brown sugar
1 c corn syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
handful mini marshmallows (optional)
rice krispies or corn pops
Bring butter, brown sugar and corn syrup to a boil in a large saucepan. Boil for 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk and boil for 3 more minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies or corn pops.
Spread rice krispie treats onto a large greased cookie sheet and cut into squares when cool.
(For the caramel corn I usually just dump it in piles on plastic plates and try not to eat it all before I can give it away).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment