Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Piano Preschool & Spring Recital






This year I've enjoyed teaching piano preschool to Dan & Emily and a few of their friends. They have especially loved snack time. You can read more about it on my piano blog Emily performed "A-Train" and "My Dog Tucker" for her first piano recital last week although I am sad that I forgot to get a picture of her that night. She has expressed the most interest in piano of all of my kids. I love it when she comes asking me for a lesson. Even when its late at night, I can't pass up the offer. The other day she was actually correcting me when I played a little song from her book she said, "No mom, this says piano, you're supposed to play it quiet!" Daniel played "A-B Bop" and "Ode to Joy." I love how his "thinking tongue" comes out whenever he's concentrating on something:). Rebecca (rather reluctantly) performed "Horse and Rider" and "Cat's Prowl" and then was happy to head off to join Jared who was judging the Junior Miss Competition. I was happy to hear her tell me the other day that she isn't going to quit because she's heard so many adults tell her that they wish they wouldn't have quit when they were young- so they must be right.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Heidi! How are you? Long time, no see. I stumbled across your blog, and I love it! I can't believe you've got four kids, but then, I can't believe I do too. Just thought I'd say hi -- drop me a line when you can.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so cool how you do so much music stuff with your kids. I think being musically literate is so important, but undervalued in our culture. I wish I lived closer to you so I could have Dessie in your preschool!

    ReplyDelete