Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

All in a Day's Work

The Mind of a Child
Episode 1: Bike Stunts
Yesterday Emily came running in the house with blood streaming down her face after a bike accident. I thought she had knocked out a tooth- but she just had a bloody nose. Initially, one of the kids said she was hit by a car - actually, she hit a parked car. Between the sobs she told me, " I was just trying to ride my bike with my eyes closed." Apparently she thought this was next on the list of bike stunts to try. She's seen her brothers trying to ride with no hands - so she thought she'd take it to the next level - no eyes! After she got cleaned up she was anxious to go outside and check to see if the truck that she ran into was bleeding too!
It's a miracle that with 5 kids we still have never made a trip to the E.R.
Episode 2: A New Use for Ceiling Fans
When I was tucking the boys into bed I adjusted the ceiling fan setting in their room when Daniel asked this question in all seriousness. "Mom, what if I took that thing down (the fan) and strapped it to my back, would I be able to fly?" I think he's watched the library video "There Goes a Helicopter" a few too many times. He wants to be a helicopter pilot someday so I guess he figured that if the propeller lifts the helicopter, couldn't the fan lift a boy?

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky! Akayla was trying to ride her bike while closing her eyes and she ran into a suburban. She ended up with a HORRIBLE cut in her forehead and in the ER. She now has a very realistic looking Harry Potter scar - you'll have to check it out! And she has gotten hurt much less than Corina and Tanner. We've had many many ER visits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny stories. I am glad you're little Emily didn't get seriously hurt. It sounds just like something Amity would try, in fact, I'm surprised she hasn't tried it yet. I love the ceiling fan idea... Kids imaginations are great aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least they are using thier imaginations and trying new things.

    ReplyDelete