Jacob loves scouting. He was excited to receive his Bobcat at the first pack meeting and is now excited to move on to the "fun stuff." All the boring memorization of laws and promises, etc. was starting to wear on his patience. He has some great leaders who plan such fun activities like a day hike, bike rodeo and campfire skits like "Hi, my name is Joe and I work in a button factory...." He got our whole family doing it on our last rode trip and it made the car ride a lot smoother.
I was really glad when he came home and showed me his new marbles that he learned how to play several games with at scouts. He's decided now that he's going to start a marble collection to display rather than the crushed pop can collection that he had been considering before he went:0) I'm so happy-Marbles are so much more "mother friendly." They're not sticky, slimy or messy- and they're small. I like small collections!
It was fun for me to help him prepare a spaghetti dinner for the family although I was a bit worried when I taught him how to make jello that I'd start discovering jello concoctions in the fridge on a daily basis - Jacob loves jello.
What a cute scout! I remember how excited my son was when he started scouting. It looks like you've been having a fun summer...your family pictures are way cute!
ReplyDelete