Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Family Night Marshmallow Roast




One of the nice things about where we live is that a trip to the mountains only takes about 20 minutes. We headed up on Monday to roast marshmallows and have a little campfire testimony meeting for family night. Unfortunately the camera battery died after I only took a few pictures. There is something nostaglic and calming for me when I watch the flames from the fire. It makes me think of testimony meetings around the fire at girls camp. It was even better to hear Jared share his testimony with our children. I am so glad I married him. If it weren't for him, my kids would miss out on these kind of experiences because when I think about doing all the laundry and bathing the kids after sitting around the campfire... I decide that making the trip is too much work.
Good things:
Mountains in the Fall
Caramel Marshmallows and Chocolate Smores
Wet Wipes
Warm Baths
Comfy Beds to Come Home to
Hearing my family share their feelings about God

No comments:

Post a Comment