Here's another gem that I discovered when I went to shut down the computer tonight. Rebecca makes me laugh. She loves to plan for the future. Maybe its because she reads all of my friends blogs about "grown up" stuff like taking care of kids and cleaning house. She takes the scout motto one step further - Be prepared! So... prepare to laugh!
All my funeral stuff: I would like to be buried near my friends Ashlee and Mercedes (not some relative or something) and I want the necklace that I always wear on my neck. I want to be wearing my denim capres and my striped blue shirt, not a dress or skirt or church clothes. I want people to know what I really look like, and I don’t want them to think I’m some churchy type girl, because I am NOT (Just because I know a lot about the scriptures doesn’t mean I am). I want my hair in a little ponytail on the side with the rest of my hair down and curled. I want the green bow with the blue polka dots in my hair. I think it would be cool to have my eyes open and me smiling, but we don’t want to freak the little kids out so my eyes will be closed and I want to look calm. Please put my hands together in a shape of a heart. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about you can look at Jacob’s Taylor Swift CD. If you don’t know what that is just google picture of hands in the shape of a heart.) I don’t want a really long boring speech at my funeral about how great I was and how everyone will miss me, I want you to describe me, my weird voice, how I would be loud, try to act funny, read a lot, be interested in drama, and that stuff. Make sure you hand out candy at my funeral, along with Bev’s Brownies, Texas Fudge Cake with frosting, cookies, punch, Twinkies, Zingers, caramel stuff, three musketeers, all that stuff I like. Try not to cry and just think about how happy I will be in heaven, and that how much I would hate if you cry. Don’t put flowers on my dead body, because they will wilt. Put pictures of me smiling again. Whenever you think of me, think of me being happy, playing, being in heaven, and don’t cry. Smiling is much prettier. Anyone who ever knew me, I would be very pleased if you would come to my funeral. People I want to speak at my funeral: All my friends (Mercedes, Ashlee, Madison, Madelyn, Payton) Even though kids don’t usually speak at funerals, I want them too. Make sure they get REALLY teeny stuff to say, Like they’ll each share a memory of me. I want Mom to talk and she must bring up tissues (the speaker thingy will be by the treats so every time the person speaking inhales they will smell all that yummy stuff) because we don’t want her getting snot/runny stuff/tears on our yummy delicious stuff. I also want Dad to talk because usually he makes his stuff interesting in church so he probably will at the funeral too. I want two of my aunts to speak about me (probably Aunt Melinda and Aunt Courtney) and Uncle Jon too. And some of the other uncles I just can’t think of which ones right now.I hope that despite the fact that I’m dead everyone will have a good time at my funeral.
I asked Rebecca what she means by the "churchy" kind of girl. She clarified by letting me know that she doesn't really like dressing up in dresses and listening to people talk. She'd rather be going down waterslides and fun stuff like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That girl is hilarious! I'd be honored to speak at her funeral and I 'll try not to cry.... that's if I outlive her of course.
ReplyDeleteYou have the most creative daughter. This post made me laugh.
ReplyDelete