Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Busy Weekend

We had a very busy- yet fulfilling weekend. We took the kids to the school carnival. They loved riding on the cool "train" that was pulled by a four-wheeler. I was assigned to help out with the toilet seat toss.



Emily was so excited to get some helium balloons. Earlier in the week she had asked me to tie a string to her balloon so it would go up. She thought that somehow attaching a string to an ordinary balloon would make it magically rise up. She was pretty disappointed that it wasn't that simple. I love seeing her excitement over simple things like balloons. She is so easy to please!



The next morning I totally spaced the birthday party Jacob was invited to until I headed over to Super Saturday and saw his friends out playing football for the party:(. He was off helping Jared & a friend put in a trampoline so he got back just in time for cake and ice cream and then headed off to Dan's tee-ball game. We snuck in a trip to the store. Rebecca ended up getting a bloody nose there, and then I raced home to head over to the General Relief Society Meeting. I especially loved hearing President Monson's stories and messages about not judging and I am really looking forward to General Conference coming up this weekend.
On Sunday I did a little "photo shoot" trying to capture some pics of Alyssa wearing her cute dress from Grandma S. She is such an adorable happy baby. She slept 10 hours at night 3 days in a row! I hope this lasts. She has the cutest little laugh and is pretty ticklish. But she's beginning to protest loudly when I try to let other friends and neighbors hold her.
I decided to try making doughnuts for the first time yesterday. They were soooo good with some maple frosting that I invented. So I tried to "work them off' this morning walking at the park.
It feels so nice to finally relax a little and have some rejuvenating time today!



Alyssa Kathryn - 3 1/2 months

No comments:

Post a Comment